Friday, April 10, 2009

Back Home....


After a 14 hour day we finally made it back to our lake for the summer. It's amazing how a "place" can fill a hole in your soul. I love Tucson, 2 of my kids and 7 of my grandchildren are there, but it just isn't home anymore to me.

This lake seems to calm me immediately. I can just feel the tension and stress drain away. The first thing I did was to go down to the dock and just breath! The air smells cleaner, and right now the lake smells cold and fresh.

As I sat there a pair of Loon's swam by, not paying any attention to me. I watched huge flocks of Canadian Geese winging their way back north for the summer. The Mallard ducks and their mates were "talking" over in the cove, I couldn't see them but I could hear them. And one lone Bald Eagle was soaring over the lake, they are so majestic...

My soul feels renewed, spring is coming, the leaves are just barely starting to bud out, the pink dogwood trees are bursts of color in the woods that still look asleep. Home....where Lake of the Ozarks fills your soul and takes you back to a much quieter pace of life....

2 comments:

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

I am so happy for you Melana, it must be wonderful being 'home' in what sounds like a heavenly place. Nature is so calming and the best de-stresser.
We had a beautiful Easter weekend, with the sun shining, the garden growing, and the sea gifting us some beautiful sea glass... what more could a girl want!!

Peace to you and your family, hugs x

myminimocs said...

i'm happy to hear that you had a safe trip home! i sounds like a place i need to see - it's going on my list!!!