Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today Is A New Day...


"Conquering any difficulty always gives one a secret joy, for it means pushing back a boundary-line and adding to one's liberty." 

-Henri Frederic Amiel

Pushing back at a line someone has drawn in the sand. Being made of strong enough stuff to push back at things that life challenges us with every day. Believing that if we push hard enough our efforts will be rewarded. These are just a few things that we must remember. 

A good friend sent me a convo last night reminding me of these things because I was ready to "give up and give in". She told me that I cannot quit "pushing back" because to do so would mean being defeated by my own "giving up". Today, push back at things that are trying to keep you on the other side of that "boundry-line". Sometimes you need to stand and fight.

1 comment:

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Melana...those words are so right...your shop is beautiful and I hope that these rdiculous laws will not take place...

Go Granny Go...do not let them win!!

WE are so proud of you and the great work your shop is doing...I am proud to call you friend!